Monday 16 July 2012

Day 366 - 16 July

So today is the last day of my year long Daily Clicker Project!
Without telling anyone, I set out to improve my photography skills by challenging myself, both from a creative and technical perspective.

Not all my photos have been good, but I can honestly say I learnt something from each day. I also learnt more about myself, some good, some not so good!

To every person who commented, critiqued or encouraged me along the way, many thanks - I had you all in mind often, knowing that I had an 'audience' waiting to see what I would do next!

A big thank you to those who agreed to appear in the photos - especially Mum & Dad - we had a great laugh in the garden!
A special thanks to my brother, Simon, for his technical knowhow, and for letting me play at macro, before I committed to getting the gear!

I really would have not finished this experiment had it not been for Sean pushing me on the days when my enthusiasm was less than 100%, holding the kit and tolerating my artistic hissy fits when things didn't go exactly to plan, as well as encouraging me every single day, so a massive thanks and big love to him.

So 366 days later, am I a better photographer? I think so, but you can decide that yourselves.

Over the next 10 days I will revisit my personal top 10 - and after that, I may occasionally publish the odd photo, but first I might have a rest!

If I have achieved nothing else, I hope I have encouraged you to maybe try something new, improve something you already do, or just given you something to talk about. Thank you all for your support, and for now, ciao!

Mariano

3 comments:

  1. I´m impressed. Well done!
    RESPECT.
    //Dinau

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photography is obviously getting better. I looked that the picture and wondered who the young model was. then I realised it was you!

    GDC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Marion!
    You have a fine body of work to be proud of, It was a huge challenge and as a viewer your creative and new ideas kept it moving along. I'm glad you've got so much out of it.

    Now format the memory cards - charge the battery and put it away for a short while...

    ReplyDelete